An adviser to the British home secretary says sexual abuse in the UK constitutes a “national health epidemic.”
PressTV: Graham Wilmer, who was appointed by the home secretary, Theresa May, as an independent panel member on an historical sex abuse inquiry, says there are as many as 11.7 million victims of sex abuse in the country. The founder of the Lantern Project said his estimation was based on the “prevalence rates published by the government,” and called for better support for victims.
- Sexual Abuse A ‘National Health Epidemic http://news.sky.com/story/1387613/sexual-abuse-a-national-health-epidemic
- Child sex abuse a national health epidemic, government adviser warns http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/08/child-sex-abuse-national-health-epidemic-11-million-victims
- Child abuse expert warns of 11 million UK victims of ‘national epidemic’ http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/child-abuse-expert-warns-of-11-million-uk-victims-of-national-epidemic-9909450.html
- One in six people may have been sexually assaulted in ‘national epidemic’ of abuse, Government adviser warns http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2865284/One-six-people-sexually-assaulted-national-epidemic-abuse-Government-adviser-warns.html
- ‘National epidemic’: UK child sex abuse is rife – expert http://www.rt.com/uk/212387-sexual-abuse-national-epidemic/
- As many as 11 million child sex abuse victims in ‘national epidemic’, expert warns http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/545004/Child-sex-abuse-11-million-victims-national-epidemic-Government-Theresa-May